We welcome your student to Parkview Elementary!
Parkview Elementary has a collaborative learning environment which fosters a family-like community with staff and parents partnering together to provide students with a rewarding and successful education experience.
Our school mission
At Parkview Elementary, we are committed to high levels of learning for every child, every day.
- Standards-based integrated learning through Units of Study and individualized Data-Driven Instruction
- Full-time teaching Specialists for K-5 include STEM, Music, Media and Physical Education
- STEM Enrichment, DaCapo Choir, Student Council, Giant Panda and Red Panda book club, Bus / Walker patrol, student-led morning news broadcast, and summer library program
- School-wide behavior expectations - CARES (cooperation, assertion, responsibility, empathy, self-control) allows optimal learning and provides a caring and welcoming school for all
- Ongoing family involvement includes: Open Gym Nights, Culver's night, Family Math Nights, Ski Club, January Event, and Spring Family picnic
- Extended Day and Community Education opportunities in art, science, technology, dance and drama
- Camp Propel summer school
- Social skills and anti-bullying programs provide a strong student support system
- School-wide Responsive Classroom practices build academic and social-emotional competencies
- On-site before and after school care with YMCA
A message fom the principal
I have spent most of my career working at Parkview Elementary and I am very proud to be the principal of such an amazing school. I have worked alongside this staff in many capacities over the past 25 years, and together we have dedicated our days to children and learning.
At Parkview, we are committed to high levels of learning for every child, every day. Our district curriculum is comprehensive and standards-based. Students participate in individualized instruction through Reader’s and Writer’s Workshops, Word Study, and Mathematics, as well as ongoing and integrated learning through STEM, Music, Science, Social Studies, Physical Education and Health, Library Media, and Technology.
Our passionate teachers participate in ongoing professional development to continuously improve instruction. The intervention team and specialists work in collaboration with classroom teachers to connect learning and build real-world application. We value working together collectively to do the best possible work for children.
We have a wonderful community of families and children at Parkview. Our PTO works in partnership with the school to organize and provide many opportunities for involvement, including: family activities, student enrichment, volunteering, and special events. There is always something going on around Parkview!
I am the principal at Parkview because I care about kids. I believe in our school and the great work we do everyday to support children as they grow to become amazing leaders for our future.
Please contact me at anytime, I look forward to working in partnership!
Nicole Garcia, Principal
We invite you to visit our school and experience Parkview Elementary in action for yourself. Please call us at 952-431-8350 or e-mail Nicole.Garcia@district196.org to set up a tour.